TheBlackzone Logo

Updating Habari, the hard way

Posted on Saturday, December 11, 2010 by TheBlackzone

Habari Icon For the first time in weeks I’ve found some time to take care of my blog again. The first thing I wanted to do is to upgrade to the latest version of Habari since there has been quite some development going on since my last update. After having upgraded without any problems the last couple of times, I thought that it wouldn’t be a great deal either. But this time I was entirely wrong.

While the upgrade process itself was as smooth as always the trouble began after reactivating my plugins and my theme. Two plugins and a whole bunch of theme functions have been severely broken due to the recent changes to the tag system the developers made. After having investigated the troublesome parts of the code, I was looking for solutions in Habari’s online resources and the wiki. Much to my dismay, I found that major parts of these resources are outdated and so I ended up reading a lot of the source code to find the right solution.

After a couple of hour’s work, everything seems to be fine again. But, please, if you encounter errors or non-working parts on this site, let me know.

So much for today’s Habari upgrade…

Tags: website

Button PreviousWiley Vs. Rhodes - Real-Life Cartoon

Red Lights music videoButton Next