Posted on Friday, June 22 2018
Today I found some time to tick off an item from my todo list that has been sitting there for a long time: Switching theblackzone.net to HTTPS.
Since my site is just a hobbiest website, I chose to use a free letsencrypt certificate and after reviewing the installation options, I just found out that my hosting provider offers a one-click generation and installation of letscrypt certifcates. So it was literally just a mouse click to activate HTTPS for the site.
One thing I still have to investigate is, why Firefox keeps griping about "some insecure elements" on my site. I suspect some links to content that is refered to with HTTP instead of HTTPS. But I still have to see if they are part of the content or of the code generated by Habari.